Monday, April 12, 2010

Lets do the funky chicken

Well, so far so good. I've successfully posted another item on Etsy. This item is a super fun wall hanging or lap quilt with chickens on it.

The fabric was purchased as a shop-hop challenge that our quilt guild had last year.

We had to go to several different quilt shops around the eastern Idaho area and purchase a specific fabric. The fabrics then had to be put together in a finished quilted item no larger than 200 inches in diameter and all this had to be done by the by following quilt guild meeting.


This was mostly my fault because they made me the vice-chairman of the quilt guild last year and as the vice-chairman I was in charge of the monthly meetings. We did have a lot of fun visiting the shops in our area and getting to know the shop owners and the shop owners got a bit of business because as a fabric-a-holic you can't just go into a fabric store and just buy one small fat quarter, there are so many other fun things that I need to buy!

She was also very smart in her usage of the scraps left over from the quilt. She used every piece that she had left to make the back. HOW COOL IS THAT!! I love the back of her quilt. As I said in the Etsy posting the back could be a front and my sister (who made the quilt) said that she liked the back better then the front.





My sister came up with the great chickens. I on the other hand procrastinated and ended up making a throw blanket out of pinwheels. I use the quilt on my very "beautiful" lime green couch. My mom keeps trying to get me to recover it or just buy a new one, but money spent on a couch is money that could have been spent on fabric. Speaking of fabric, don't you just love the fun 70's flowers on the back of the pinwheel quilt. LOVE IT....That and it's flannel. I love flannel.
Well, my peepers are getting ready to close for the night.
Happy quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment